Enjoying Your Job

Enjoying your job is the best way to success.

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” -Steve Jobs

Time Commitment

The average working adult works about 40 to 50 hours per week making the time spent at would about 25% of your life and a good part of that remaining 75% is spent sleeping. Imagine how nice life would be actually enjoying that time.

Higher Skill Level

When you really enjoy something you tend to become pretty good at it. Enjoying your job will make mastering new skills easier and more realistic. An example of this is my love of learning new technologies has lead me to want to learn more and more. Believe it or not, I actually enjoy reading textbooks about programming, business, marketing, the stock market, and other useful skills. While these could be dry to most people I just can't wait to absorb knowledge since I enjoy learning so much.

Happiness

When you enjoy your job you can't wait to come into the office and get started on Monday morning. Your job should not bring you down, the money really isn't worth it.

I have always valued happiness more than money.

Money Will Come

The first 5 years of my business I embarrassingly made about minimum wage as a net profit. While the thought of a fast food worker making more money than me was a bit discouraging I had faith that eventually money would come. I just had to keep enjoying the work. Luckily years 6 and 7 have been much more successful and those 5 frustrating years have proven to be worth the struggle.